About this Professional Certificate
Prepare for a career in the high-growth field of IT, no experience or degree required. Get professional training designed by Google and get on the fast-track to a competitively paid job. There are 400,000 U.S. job openings in IT and a $52,000 median entry-level salary in IT support.¹
Over 5 courses, learn in-demand skills that prepare you for an entry-level job. Upon completion, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 150 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
75% of Google Career Certificate Graduates in the United States report an improvement in their career trajectory (e.g. new job or career, promotion or raise) within 6 months of certificate completion²
This program is ACE® approved—when you complete, you can earn up to 12 college credits, the equivalent of 4 associate degree-level courses.
If you’re interested in building on your IT foundations, check out the Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate.
Check out all Google Career Certificates here.
¹US Burning Glass Labor Insight Report salary data (median with 0-5 years experience) and job opening data. Data for job roles relevant to featured programs (4/01/2021 – 3/31/22).
²Based on program graduate survey responses, United States 2021
- Shareable Certificate
- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online courses
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Flexible Schedule
- Set and maintain flexible deadlines.
- Beginner Level
- No prior experience required.
- Subtitles: English, Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Vietnamese, German, Russian, Spanish
Note: This is part of the larger overall course IT Support Specialist. To complete it fully, you will need to complete all of the following courses:
- Google IT Support
- Getting Started with Ubuntu Linux
- Command Line Basics in Linux
- Create IT Diagrams with Lucidchart
- Introduction to Docker: Build Your Own Portfolio Site
- Package Installation in Linux
- Advanced Commands in Linux
- Linux: I/O Redirection for DevOps
- Use Bash Scripting on Linux to Execute Common commands
- Linux: Introduction to Shell Scripting for DevOps
- Files and directories in the Linux filesystem
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes