LLM programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Enhance your capability to find rewarding, satisfying and productive employment
- Provide you with a relevant, interesting and stimulating learning experience
- Engender a lifelong learning attitude that will enhance employment opportunities, future career development and further study
Further your career prospects
If you already have a law career then this course gives you the chance to specialise with focused, professional training in the fields that interest you.
You can also study this course if you are a professional working in related areas and would benefit from an understanding of contemporary legal issues in business, human rights, international law and other fields.
A legal education is highly attractive to employers in any sector, as it demonstrates a huge range of transferable skills, an analytical intelligence, and an understanding of the regulatory frameworks that would apply to any business or organisation.
The entry requirements for postgraduate admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent qualification. Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.