The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre is looking for eligible Female STEM professionals to serve as Mentors in her MentorHer programme.
W.TEC’s MentorHer Programme is aimed at supporting young women studying STEM courses at the tertiary level, sharing important technical tips and life skills, which will be instrumental in helping them succeed as technology professionals. This mentoring programme will provide a platform for the young women to gain first-hand knowledge from experienced women in technology fields, so they start and navigate their careers in a more informed and strategic manner.
Benefits of being a Mentor
- To give back : Giving back helps you obtain personal satisfaction by making a difference in the career development of the new generation, facilitate your own professional and personal growth by sharing the knowledge you learned through your years of experience. Mentoring experience empowers and impact both mentors and mentees and largely contributes to their personal development.
- Be a change maker: Mentors can be the change they want to see in the world through their efforts of instilling seeds of growth in the new generation.
- Be and Inspiration to the younger generation: You will be inspiring the younger generation of leaders who are passionate about their field of study through your obtained leadership and management skills and using effective communication techniques.
What are your fields of expertise?
A mentor is a person or friend who guides a less experienced person by building trust and modeling positive behaviors. An effective mentor understands that his or her role is to be dependable, engaged, authentic, and tuned into the needs of the mentee. A good mentor is able to share life experiences and wisdom, as well as technical expertise. They are good listeners, good observers, and good problem-solvers. This is why we are looking for mentors who
- Must have studied a technology related course either at undergraduate or post-graduate level.
- Must be working in technology field for at least 5 years
- Should have at least 2 people reporting directly to them
- Is ready to impact and guide the mentee in achieving their goals
- Is ready to devote at least 6 hours a month for at least 6 month.
How to apply?
To apply, kindly fill our online registration form to be one of our mentors.
Also, please include a short bio of yourself along with a link to your LinkedIn page.
Thank you for your interest in supporting emerging STEM leaders.