“Amos Bursary students , face socio-economic and environmental challenges everyday. They are outstanding like so many of our young people. They have ambition, work hard and care about family and community. They need support. Their talent recognised. Opportunities offered”
Baroness Amos Co-founder and charity Patron
What The Amos Bursary Provides
Through virtual and in-person seminars, development workshops, conferences and international experiences we provide you with a five year development programme of life changing activities.
All this within the safety of an inspirational “family” of like minded people working towards success and changing the narrative for young people of African and Caribbean heritage.
- University support from application to graduation
- Varied work experience, networking, internships, apprenticeships and graduate programmes with our corporate and university partners
- Commercial insight preparation for global business world
- Social and cultural capital to match your academic counterparts from private and independent schools
- International experiences both educational and professional
- Mentorship with professional mentors, career coaches and peer mentors relevant to your aspirations
- Career guidance and skills development
- Personalised development tools for character building, personal growth and leadership development
- Application support and information on scholarships, grants and bursary opportunities
Who is eligible?
Apply if you are an ambitious, talented, British, young person of African and Caribbean heritage; who is in year 12 of a state school or college in Greater London.
Applications for year 12 students re-open November 2022.
Click the link here for more information