Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Lund University, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Dalarna University, Karlstad University, Karolinska Institute, Royal Institute of Technology, Linköping University, Luleå University of Technology, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm University, Umeå University, University of Gothenburg, Uppsala University . The deadline of the scholarship is 18 Feb 2021.
The Swedish Institute has announced the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP). The scholarship program is open for global professionals who have demonstrated leadership qualities in any area. The Scholarship provides fully-funded support for the Master’s program.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) is available to undertake Masters level programs at Lund University, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Dalarna University, Karlstad University, Karolinska Institute, Royal Institute of Technology, Linköping University, Luleå University of Technology, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm University, Umeå University, University of Gothenburg, Uppsala University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period.
- This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- Regarding the university application, you must also:
- be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, according to the information from Kindly contact University Admissions directly regarding questions related to application and tuition fees. Here you will find information about whether you are required to pay tuition fees. SI will receive the tuition fee status including your personal information directly from University Admissions.
- have paid the application fee for master’s programmes at on time before 1 February 2021.
- be admitted (including conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programmes* by 9 April 2021. You can only be awarded a scholarship for the master’s programme you are admitted to by 9 April. Master’s programmes to which you are listed as a reserve will not be considered. Therefore, it is important that you make sure to decline reserve places on time so that your admission will not be deleted. Please check the information on how to reply to University Admissions. Contact University Admissions directly if you have any questions. If you are only listed as a reserve and not admitted to any of the eligible master’s programmes*, you will not be considered for an SI scholarship. There are no scholarships available for late admissions.
- *The list of eligible master´s programmes will be published by the middle of November 2020.
Other eligibility criteria
- Regardless of all the eligibility criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals if you:
- have already resided in Sweden for cumulatively two years or more, prior to the scholarship period (August 2021);
- have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college; Previous participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply;
- already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college;
- are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college;
- have a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship*, a Swedish permanent residence permit or a temporary work- and residence permit based on work or on family ties with a citizen of Sweden/EU/EEA country who has a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden; or
- have dual citizenship in countries not listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients.
- *Exception: students with dual citizenship in Romania may still apply for a scholarship but must apply with the citizenship that is eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals when applying to SI Scholarships as well as University Admissions.
See detail of application procedure at official site application procedure.
Applications for Global Professionals 2021 opens on 8 February 2021.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2020 – 15 January 2021.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 8-18 February 2021, following the instructions at the official website. The application form will be available at the official website in December 2020 /January 2021.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.