Since its launch in 2018, the Stormzy Scholarship has provided financial support to two UK black students each year, which has helped to transform their University experience.
This year, we’re delighted to announce that the #Merky Foundation, in partnership with HSBC UK, has expanded the scheme to provide scholarships to 10 black UK students admitted to the University of Cambridge in autumn 2022.
This commitment will last for at least the next three years, meaning 30 more UK black students will benefit from this support.
A total of 13 scholarships will be available this year, 10 funded by HSBC UK, two by Stormzy and one by an anonymous donor.
The scholarships, which are non-repayable, will cover the full cost of tuition fees and provide a maintenance grant, which will significantly reduce the need for awardees to take out government or commercial loans. This support will be available to recipients for up to four years of undergraduate study. For 2022-23, the total award to each student for the year will be worth £20,000. Receipt of this award will not affect eligibility for a Cambridge Bursary.
To be eligible for a Stormzy Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Have a confirmed place for entry to the University of Cambridge for a first undergraduate degree, and due to commence study in the coming October . (You can check the status of your offer on UCAS Track.)
- Be a UK student and have been assessed for fee status as ‘home’. You were advised of your fee status in the offer letter issued to you earlier this year. If you are in doubt, please contact the Cambridge College that has offered you a place.
- Have applied to Student Finance (England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan, and have received confirmation that you have been assessed and will receive financial support. An income assessment must have been conducted and consent given to share the information with the University.
Further details will be available in summer 2022.
If you have questions regarding the Stormzy Scholarship please email email@example.com
Click here for more information.