16th April 2021.
Eligible African Countries:
To be taken at (country):
University of Edinburgh UK
The Julius Nyerere Scholarship was set up in 2009 in memory of Mwalimu Julius Nyerere who led Tanganyika to independence in 1961 and became the first prime minister and later president of Tanzania. Nyerere received a scholarship in 1949 to attend the University of Edinburgh where he obtained a Masters of Arts degree that saw him study courses in English, Political Economy, Social Anthropology, British History, Economic History, Constitutional Law, and Moral Philosophy.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Candidates must submit a Personal Statement for the scholarship application which should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, along with your experience and aspirations in the field of Africa and International Development.
- Candidates must also arrange for two referees to submit reference letters supporting their application.
- Please note: The Nyerere Scholarship cannot be held alongside any other scholarship funding.
The award will be made to a student domiciled in Tanzania who is accepted on a full-time basis for the MSc in Africa and International Development.
How to Apply:
- Information on how to apply will follow shortly. Deadline date is 16th April 2021.
- In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance