Job Types: KickStart
This is a kickstart placement and requires:
- Candidates aged 16-24 years who are claiming benefits
- Salary will be the National Minimum Wage (possibly higher subject to experience)
- Work a minimum of 25hours per week (Monday-Friday 10am – 3pm)
- Attend further training as per your role and responsibility
- Attend mentoring scheme if it is deemed necessary
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Utulivu Women’s Group is a registered charity that has been supporting migrant and disadvantaged women and communities in Reading and Berkshire region since 2004. We work with communities to promote healthy living and to integrate into the wider community.
This role is especially focused on supporting women and girls from the immigrant communities from Afrocaribbean backgrounds.
The role will be incredibly varied and you will receive training in all areas of the role - here's how you'll make an impact:
• Working with the projects manager in the development and implementation of projects;
• Support in day to day projects preparation, work plans, implementation and reporting;
• Participat in meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops and public promotion of projects;
• Assisting team members, partners and stakeholders in project delivery logistics;
• Help in knowledge gathering, building, and sharing by recording best practices and lessons learnt in the projects;
• Help design, promote, manage and sustain projects promotion, their performance and updates;
• Support in accurate projects communication via email, social media and online enquiry follow-ups;
Support in production of documents for internal and external use, policy support, briefing, blogs and project reports;
Work with internal and external teams in in researching and countering gender inequalities;
Performing other tasks and duties as assigned by the projects manager or the supervisor.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- A friendly personality who is willing to work hard and can use their own initiatives.