Job Types: KickStart
This is a kickstart placement and requires:
- Candidates aged 16-24 years who are claiming benefits
- Salary will be the National Minimum Wage (possibly higher subject to experience)
- Work a minimum of 25hours per week (Monday-Friday 10am – 3pm)
- Attend further training as per your role and responsibility
- Attend mentoring scheme if it is deemed necessary
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Utulivu Women’s Group is a registered charity that has been supporting migrant and disadvantaged women and communities in Reading and Berkshire region since 2004. We work with communities to promote healthy living and to integrate into the wider community.
The role will be incredibly varied and you will receive training in all areas of the role - here's how you'll make an impact
• Assist with brand communication and marketing strategies that help users connect with Utulivu Women’s Group services including social media, emails, media houses, newsletters, websites, etc)
• Support and lead the website contents updates, development and management
• Create, manage and analyse social media advertisements and postings
• Help design, promote, manage and sustain projects promotion, their performance and updates
• Ensure prompt and accurate communication with clients via email, social media and online enquiry follow-ups
Develop and draft stories on specific topics and contribute to website content, news releases, and articles for publications, video and audio contents.
Work with internal and external teams in promotion magazine, newsletter, radio and social media contents and updates
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Good communication skills and telephone skill
- Ability to take down accurate details.
- A friendly personality who is willing to work hard and can use their own initiatives.
- Motivated and be a person who is aspired to take additional responsibilities and grow within the company
- Strong computing skills – social media, websites
- Ability to learn new databases systems quickly and be able to prioritise and deal with varied workload
- Previous experience an advantage – though training will be offered in:
• Admin/customer service
• Written and visual marketing material and planning / delivering campaigns
• Website Content Management Systems & social media sites • Project management skills
• Google analysitc, marketing Seach Engine Optinisation, Keywords, etc Using Canva for graphic design
- You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills of creating and implementing marketing strategies both through the generation of your own thoughts and ideas and through working closely with the team members.
- You will develop the ability to research and produce professional documentation that can be used to promote products and services and also help support the development of the voice of the organisation.