The role will entail website development and maintenance with WordPress. You will receive training and support in technical and professional skills needed to get into the web industry and getting into this role which will include:
- Working with team members and developers in maintaining and updating our internal and partner WordPress websites
- Researching technological solutions and following up with good development practices to ensure our websites and integration within Google Workspace and Microsoft platforms are well integrated
- Willingness to continue learning advanced WordPress platform maintenance and support.
- Implement and manage Google Analytics, Credits, SEO and other features for charitable websites and platforms
- Create reports on insights gained from analysing our internal and partner web traffic and other analytics
- Participate in meetings and conversations on how to improve the performance and maintenance of the websites
- Assisting team members, partners and stakeholders in project delivery logistics;
- Help in knowledge gathering, building, and sharing by recording best practices and lessons learnt in the projects;
- Help design, promote, manage and sustain projects promotion, their performance and updates;
- Support in accurate projects communication via email, social media and online enquiry follow-ups;
- Support in production of documents for internal and external use, policy support, briefing, blogs and project reports;
- Work with internal and external teams in in researching and countering gender inequalities;
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned by the projects manager or the supervisor.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress premium themes and page builders e.g. WooCommerce, Elementor
- Experience with HTML5/CSS would be advantageous
- Basic Photoshop and image manipulation skills for image optimisation and Basic SEO knowledge.
- Ability to perform WordPress Theme & Plugin updates and management
- A friendly personality who is willing to work hard and can use their own initiatives.
- Driven, motivated with a desire to learn and progress