As a radio and video producer, you'll oversee all elements of a production from conception through to completion, and may also be involved in the marketing and distribution process. You'll work closely with directors and other production staff, either in a studio or on location, to ensure a creative and stable working environment for everyone involved in the project.
- Read, research and assess ideas and finished scripts
- Pull together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create a team
- Organise shooting schedules - dependent on the type of producer role and availability of support staff
- Hold regular meetings with the director to discuss characters and scenes
- Act as a sounding board for the director
- Troubleshoot problems that arise during production
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws
- Supervise the progress of the project from production through to post-production
- Deliver the finished production on time and to budget.