The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- The scholarship covers living expenses (€11,400 – 12 months; €22,800 – 24 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€174), tuition fee (€13,800, €15,500 or €16,800, depending on the tuition of your study programme), and pre-academic training costs.
- The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme – 13 months for a one-year master’s programme and 25 months for a two-year master’s programme.
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- List of the UM master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
Holland High Potential scholarship – Maastricht University is available to undertake Masters level programs at Maastricht University.
To apply for the scholarship, you must first register for one of the participating Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number which you will need in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online. The application deadline is 1 February 2021.