Women into Work: Making the Most of Your Skills & helping Women succeed
September 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this event
“Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
Whether you are looking for work, considering a career change or wanting to look at improving your skills, there is something in this workshop for everyone.
Delivered by qualified Careers Advisers, this interactive, 120 minute digital workshop will include:
• An understanding of the importance of gender diversity in the workplace
• Help to identify individual skills and qualities and exploring why positive self-awareness is important in life and work
• How to choose future careers that will suit your values, strengths and needs
• What jobs, skills and training are in demand now and are likely to be in the future
• Expanded job hunting knowledge and approaches, including the use of social media
• Fitting work around childcare responsibilities
• The benefits of learning new skills, and information on free training opportunities currently available, including professional, self-development and vocational courses.
• Tools to help you prepare for, find and grow in employment, including additional support for those seeking work or career change
• Local connections: advice on additional support to help with health and employment needs
We will help you to create an action plan to help you to achieve your goals. After the session you will receive tools and resources for you to use to aid job searching and career planning.
We will also provide you with further careers support for up to 12 months. You will receive your Careers Advisers telephone number and email address so that you can get advice when you need it.
To attend this free workshop, you need to be aged 18+, living in the East Midlands and need to register with the National Careers Service. Please copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: https://www.futuresforyou.com/signup/
The workshop is delivered via MS Teams and guidance on how to join the workshop is provided after you register your interest. Do check your junk email folder as our emails can sometimes be sent there in error.
Our Careers Advisers look forward to virtually meeting you and welcoming you to this online session.