Our Safeguarding of Children and Young People Level 1 training course is designed for entry-level staff – no prior safeguarding knowledge is necessary to complete this course. The Safeguarding of Children and Young People Level 1 covers what safeguarding is, why safeguarding is important, how to recognise the signs of abuse, how to respond to a disclosure and, how to report safeguarding concerns. Upon successful completion of this online course, learners will be awarded a CPD accredited Safeguarding of Children and Young People Level 1 certificate and can be used to provide evidence for compliance.
Did you know that according to NSPCC, unfortunately, one in five children have experienced abuse at some point in their lifetime? That’s why anyone working with children or families are legally required to have knowledge of how to safeguard children and take a Safeguarding of Children and Young People Level 1 training course. This knowledge can help protect and prevent children from experiencing abuse and neglect which in turn could change, or in some cases save the lives of children.
- Learn and understand what safeguarding of children and young people is
- Learn and understand why safeguarding children and young people is important
- Learn what legislation is in place to safeguard children and young people
- Learn and understand how to recognise the signs of abuse
- Learn how to respond when a vulnerable child or young person discloses information that they are being abused or neglected
- Learn the process on how to report any safeguarding concerns you have
- Learn how to keep a record of all safeguarding concerns
This Safeguarding of Children and Young People Level 1 training course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes