Our Dementia Awareness online training is designed for those working with people with dementia, any care worker or healthcare professional. It covers how dementia affects individuals, the importance of good communication and the methods to improve the wellbeing of people with dementia. Upon successful completion, learners will be certified in dementia and receive a downloadable or printable certificate in dementia care!
There are currently 850,000 people suffering from dementia in the UK alone and numbers are set to increase to over one million by 2025. Caring for someone with dementia can be challenging and stressful. With the right support, however, it can be rewarding and often satisfying. Avoid issues and misunderstandings which could negatively impact your organisation. Ensure your staff handle dementia patients in a sensitive and understanding manner.
- Defining dementia – What is dementia, the types of dementia and the symptoms of dementia
- Effects of dementia – How dementia affects individuals in different ways
- Quality of dementia care – How quality dementia care purely focuses on what the person can still do
- Communication – The importance of good communication when caring for someone with dementia
- Wellbeing methods – Methods to improve the wellbeing of people with dementia
This Dementia Awareness online training course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes