Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts
Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn …
Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn how to plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs. Then, you will modify your low-fidelity designs based on insights from your research.
Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan a UX research study, including the project background, research goals, research questions, Key Performance Indicators, methodology, participants, and script.
- Explain the importance of respecting privacy and user data.
- Conduct a moderated and unmoderated usability study.
- Take notes during a usability study.
- Create affinity diagrams to group and analyze data.
- Synthesize observations from research and come up with insights.
- Develop persuasive presentation skills to share research insights.
- Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights.
- Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio.
To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous three courses in the certificate program. Or, you need to have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions; as well as an ability to create wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes on paper and in Figma.
- Flexible deadlines
- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Shareable Certificate
- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Beginner Level
- Approx. 24 hours to complete
- Subtitles: English