Unfortunately, concussions are incredibly common and can happen to anyone who receives a traumatic head injury. If concussion goes unnoticed and untreated, it can lead to long term dizziness, headaches and confusion for the sufferer. Therefore, it is vital that your staff are aware of concussions and know what to look out for in order to protect your patients.
- What happens in the brain when a concussion occurs
- What physical and mental signs you need to look out for that may indicate that a concussion is present
- The signs and symptoms you should watch for in children, which can dramatically differ from those in adults
- Which risk factors may lead to a longer recovery period
- Important preventative techniques
This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes