At least one child dies from abuse or neglect every week in the UK alone. Anyone who works with children should be aware of the importance of child safeguarding and the life-changing impact good practice can have on a child.
- Be clear of your Safeguarding role and responsibilities as a Manager/Team Leader
- Understand the importance of supervision to support staff to take action and to ensure a safeguarding culture exists
- Be able to explain how lessons from Serious Case Reviews inform practice
- Understand the local safeguarding structure, thresholds and legal requirements
- Be confident in how to respond to a concern and the need for effective record keeping and multi-agency communication
- Understand safer recruitment and safer working practices and have considered policy and practice development
This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes