Podcasting has become an increasingly popular way to tell stories, with the number growing each year – there are now over half a million podcasts according to Apple.
On this course, you will explore exactly what a podcast is and why it’s so powerful for storytelling. You’ll develop your own plan for a podcast, produce a script, and finally investigate different platforms for publishing your brand new podcast.
This course is for anyone who is interested in creating a podcast, or learning more about podcasts. It might also be useful for people working in media and communications.
Being an online course you will need to have a laptop/computer, reliable
internet connection, and a functional email address.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify ideal conditions and environments for recording audio
- Discuss podcast narrative and genre
- Experiment with layering audio, music, silence and sound effects to create an experience
- Describe experiences podcasting or listening to podcasts
- Investigate how and where audio works best
- Record and share a podcast with fellow learners
- Produce a podcast and publish the podcast on a discover able platform
Certificate & Accreditation
After successfully completing all the units, accreditation will be done by issuance of a certificate through open awards
To assess if you have acquired the skills as imparted, you will be evaluated through:
- Written and oral questions
- Discussion groups
- Field work
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes