As incidences of knife crimes keep on escalating, there is need to set up a knife crime program me to bring in all stakeholders to curb the vice. Those involved should be education staff, agencies and organisations dealing with the youth, young people and their families. Knife crimes not only affected the people involved but also their families.
This is why communities need to establish a knife crime program me in their areas to educate children and the youth on the dangers and impacts of knife crime. Parents, teachers, youth leaders, and other respectable members of the society should take this course to familiarize themselves on ways to prevent the crime.
The course is open to everyone who wants to reduce incidences of knife crimes in their community.
Anyone in possession of a computer/laptop, a working email address, and an internet connection can take the course.
At the end of the course period, the learner will:
- Illustrate effective ways to deter the youth from engaging in knife crimes
- Understand the reasons why young people carry knives
- Understand the circumstances that push young people to crime
- Understand the role of peer pressure in knife crime
- Understand the role played by the media to promote knife crime
- Learn how to run an effective knife crime programme
- Learn ways to attract the young to the knife crime programme
Accreditation & Certification
Upon completion of the course, the learner will receive a certificate through Open Awards
To verify that you have acquired the knowledge the following criteria will be used
- Oral and written questions
- Practical exercises
- Discussion groups
- Project works
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes