Violence among the youth has been escalating in recent years with a large part of it involving knives. Young people carry knives even when going to school either to appear cool among their peers or use the knife if a fight occurs. Most of them do not know that it is illegal to carry a knife or use one to threaten another person.
It is for this reason that the youth need to be educated on the dangers of carrying a knife and the consequences if found with one by the police. Dissemination of this information can only be done by a trusted adult among the youth such as a teacher, a religious leader, a sports team coach/manager, among others. These are the people who should take up the knife crime and youth violence course to acquire valuable information that they can transfer to the youth
This is a course suitable for the youth and youth leaders
Anyone in possession of a computer/laptop, a working email address, and an internet connection can take the course.
At the end of the course period, the learner will:
- Be aware of the legal consequences of carrying a knife
- Know about the legal impacts of injuring or killing using a knife
- Identify why the youth carry knives
- Be aware of the reasons why the youth are involved in violence
- Know how to identify a young person facing problems at home or school that could lead them to violence
- Learn about constructive activities that can keep the youth away from crime
Accreditation & Certification
Upon completion of the course, the learner will receive a certificate through Open Awards
To verify that you have acquired the knowledge the following criteria will be used
- Oral and written questions
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 35
- Assessments Yes
and 30 students enrolled.