Being imaginative and creative is essential in the overall development of a child. Caregivers and teachers have the responsibility of encouraging imagination and creativity in the children under their care. Imagination and creativity helps children develop social skills, build confidence, increase intellectual growth, practice language skills, and work out their fears.
Teachers, parents, and caregivers who take this course will learn how to enhance imaginative and creative skills in children. The course will also help them identify children with special talents and help in developing them.
This course is suitable for teacher to help them find out the most effective ways of teaching imagination and creativity skills in class.
To take this course, you need to have a laptop, internet and a working email address.
The outcomes expected after completion of the course are:
- Know the meaning of creativity and imagination skills and their importance
- Understand how creativity and imagination skills can underpin learning and teaching
- Know how to plan lessons and projects to promote creativity and imagination in learning
- Know how to effectively assess creativity
- Ability to nurture self creativity, among students, and colleagues
- Understand the value of imagination and creativity as central learning skills
- Ability to relate creative ways real-world challenges and develop plans that enable you to consciously develop and nurture your students’ creative capacities.
Certification & Accreditation
Upon completion of all the units, you will be accredited with a certificate through Open Awards
To verify that you have acquired the knowledge the following criteria will be used
- Oral and written questions
- Practical exercises
- Discussion groups
- Project works
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes