ICT is similar to IT but focuses more on communication. Communication media include the internet, cell phones, and wireless networks. There is currently an explosion in popularity of communication technologies around the world. International communication is now in the form f video-conferencing, voice over IP (VOIP) and instant messaging. Further, communication has been enhanced by social networking sites.
A course in ICT will give you necessary skills to use modern means of communication. It will improve your chances of employment as employers are looking for people who can also apply communication technologies and computers in their work.
This course is open for everyone looking for a job and wants to improve their employ ability chances.
You will need an email address, a laptop/computer, and an internet connection to take the course.
The outcomes expected after completion of the course are:
- Ability to turn on a computer, log in, and access relevant programs and platforms
- Use popular software packages to create, edit, and save documents
- Ability to use ICT hardware for scanning, printing and copying documents
- Effectively use search engines, such as Bing or Google, to find information
- Use a digital camera to capture video footage or photographs
- Edit images using software such as Photoshop
- Browse and post on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook
- Safe use of the computer and the internet, such as avoiding computer viruses, safeguarding your personal information, and identity theft
- Send and receive information through cloud storage systems and data sharing applications, such as Dropbox or Google Drive
Certification & Accreditation
After successfully completion the course, a certificate will be issued through Open Awards
Evaluation will be done through the following ways to gauge knowledge acquisition
- Oral and written questions
- Practical exercises
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes