People get injured or fall ill while at work often. Due to this, it is a requirement for employers to provide appropriate and adequate equipment, personnel and facilities to provide their employees with instant medical attention if taken ill or injured at work. The Health and Safety Regulations apply to every workplace including the self-employed and those with fewer than five employees.
This course is therefore important as a trained first aider can just be the person who saves a life. The person taking this course will also learn how to maintain safety at the workplace to prevent accidents and also ensure that workers’ health is not harmed by chemicals, if any. He/she will be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that all employees adhere to health and safety regulations while at work.
The course is open to all first aiders working in a company and to everyone working as a sole entrepreneur.
To effectively take this course, you will need a laptop/computer, reliable internet connection, and an active email address.
The outcomes expected after completion of the course are:
- Ability to assess risks and hazards at the workplace
- Ability to establish a relevant level of first-aid provision
- Capability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Ability to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Ability to cease bleeding through elevation and applying pressure
- Place an unconscious person in a recovery position
Certification & Accreditation
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a certificate through Open Awards.
Evaluation will be done through the following ways to gauge knowledge acquisition
- Oral and written questions
- Practical exercises
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes