This course will allow students to be able to identify, source and create special effects videos, learning how to insert them into videos in order to achieve maximum effect on audiences and to satisfy the given brief.
This course is open to everyone who wants to learn more about creating and inserting special effects into videos as well as sourcing and identifying where best to place them.
You will need a laptop, a stable internet connection and an email address to take the course.
Certification & Accreditation
After satisfactorily taking all the units, you will receive a certificate through Open Awards.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
1. Be able to identify different types of video effects and state where they are used
2. Be able to plan a short digital video with special effects
- 2.1 From a given brief, state the purpose and target audience of the special effects video
- 2.2 Create a plan to include: a) Length of sequence b) Resources needed c) Timescales d) Copyrights if applicable
- 2.3 State appropriate file types, formats and software
- 2.4 List in order the activities to be carried out to create the short special effects video
- 2.5 Create a storyboard for the planned special effects video
3. Be able to create and edit a special effects video clip
4 Be able to review own work and identify areas of improvement