Self-confidence is the awareness that you trust your abilities and judgement, and that you feel worthy and value yourself. An individual develops self-confidence regardless of what others believe or think about them or their perceived or actual imperfections. On the other hand, self-esteem is a person’s general sense of personal value or self-worth. In other words, your level of self-appreciation and self-like.
Self-esteem involves various beliefs about yourself that include behaviours, emotions, beliefs, and appearance. The self-esteem course will help you build a mental self-esteem toolbox that you will use for the rest of your life, no matter the circumstances.
There are no entry requirements. Anyone can join the course, but it is mainly aimed at younger people and those who feel they need to be more confidence and assertive. It is suitable those aged 16 and above.
Certification & Accreditation
You will acquire a certificate which is accredited by Open Awards
At the end of the course, you will have the following positive changes, among others.
- Stay resilient and strong even when days are tough
- Ability to handle negativity and criticism from people
- Learning to say by becoming more assertive
- Feel that you can handle life and make important decision by trusting yourself more
- Better ability to handle failure and mistakes without feeling bad about yourself and being able to learn from the mistakes
This course is offered online and to complete it successfully, you will require a computer, laptop, or mobile device with reliable internet connection, and a verified and working email address.
You will be required to provide sufficient evidence that they have gained the required knowledge, skills and understanding. This will be through an assessment criteria set by your tutor which may include:
- Observation of performance
- Questioning (written or oral)
- Practical Activities
- Photographs or videos
- Personal statements
- Project work
- Witness testimonies
- Group discussion
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 20 Guided Hours
- Language English
- Students 19
- Assessments Yes
1. Understand how confidence and self-esteem can improve your life
2. Understand a way in which confidence and self esteem can be damaged
3. Understand how confidence and self esteem can be increased
4. Understand feelings surrounding confidence and self esteem