Black UK applicants can apply for a scholarship towards the cost of undertaking a PGCE course. Four scholarships of £2,500 are available in 2022/23. Successful applicants will be enrolled on one of the University’s PGCE courses. These awards are funded by donations from University of Bristol alumni and friends.
You can apply if you:
- have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- hold an offer to study on a PGCE programme in 2022/23 having been awarded a place following a successful interview;
- are a resident in the United Kingdom;
- are a Home/UK student;
- are eligible for the financial support available from the UK Government (in the form of the tuition fee and living costs loans from the Student Loans Company);
- have applied for or intend to apply for means-tested support from your regional funding provider (e.g. Student Finance England) and have consented to share your household income details with the University.
Applicants must apply for means-tested support to enable the University to get confirmation of your household income from the Student Loans Company. However, you will not be required to take out any loans you are eligible to receive if you do not wish to take them.
How to apply
Apply using the PGCE Scholarships for Black and mixed Black heritage students online application form.
There will be two application rounds for the Black Bristol PGCE Scholarship.
- Opens: 27 October 2021
- Closes: 18 March 2022, 9:30 am
- Opens: 28 March 2022
- Closes: 22 July 2022, 9:30 am
You will be told whether your scholarship application was successful on the following dates:
- Round one: Friday 25 March 2022
- Round two: Friday 29 July 2022
Click here for more information.